Thursday 20 January 2011

(a) Day Two (far)

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

It's a struggle, folks. A mighty struggle. The headaches and tiredness seem to hit me in waves. I have perked up a few times, almost feeling normal. Having this damned bursitis on my hip isn't helping matters, either. I woke up with a lot of pain from that area this morning, and it only really settled after 2 high-powered anti-inflammatory tablets. I need and want to do some exercise on the Wii Fit, but really don't have the energy.

Talking about drugs...I take it all these chemicals I am taking for blood pressure, allergies and so on are going to stay in my system. It's only going to be a partial detox at best, I would say. But then again, if I lose loads of weight and get fit, I might not need all these meds. That would be great.

Here's today's food diary:

Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with yellow pepper.

Lunch: jacket potato with a little serving of chicken casserole, lettuce, tomato, onions.

Snack: handful of nuts

Tea: prawn stir-fry, dash of soya sauce.

I might have a few carrot sticks with hummus again in a bit. I might just try that wii fit for 15 minutes, just to get moving.


On we go. I hope one starts feeling better soon. I talked to my mum tonight, who did a similar diet regime before Xmas, and she told me it takes 2 weeks to get used to it! I gotta keep focused, though. It's tough when the rest of family are tucking into fish and chips!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm not tucking into fish and chips young man!! Before Saturday i observed the very protocol that you are undertaking currently. Today i have eaten:
Breakfast - organic whole rolled oats Porridge with organic whole milk and blueberries
snack 1 - 2 x celery sticks with hummus
lunch - tuna with salad leaves, tomato, chickpeas, cucumber, red pepper and little sweetcorn
snack 2 - nuts
tea - curried turkey meatballs with spicy tomato sauce and steamed brocolli and roasted parsnips yum
natural yoghurt n blueberries
mmmmmm
loads of water and a cup of green tea
have you taken those measurements yet?

littlejimmy said...

No measurements yet, lost the tape!